Saturday, May 14, 2011

Thing 5 - RSS Management

I will have to play around with this some more to get comfortable. One thing I did was add my student's blogs to a folder in Google Reader. Figured it out, but it was not straight forward; there are so many choices. But, this will be very useful once I get over the learning curve to follow some special students. That way I only have to look one place and see who is keeping up with their computational thinking. CT was one thing I searched and got caught up in the information, so got behind with time. But, I did subscribe to some blogs and the reader will really help when I want to continue this research.




CS SIDEBAR



Managing Blogs by creating folders is the same thing as breaking down a problem into smaller parts. This is a key concept in computer science. This can be used to help kids master problem solving strategies. Have lots of ideas on K-5 lessons to connect to RSS reader management; this is a reminder spot for me as I break down the problem of teaching computer science into "23 things." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment